Thursday, June 20, 2013

Are you Gelish?

Yesterday I took the day off and while I was making my way to Starbucks, I suddenly wondered why I don't regularly have Wednesdays off because it's pretty awesome. Then I woke up this morning and realized that the hardest part about having a midweek day off is that I wanted it to be the weekend and I didn't really feel like getting up this morning. It was all worth it though.

After I had my Chai Tea Latte in hand, I hopped on the freeway and headed over to the peninsula. I couldn't wait to see Rachel and get pampered again at Bella Nails. We got the same Milk & Honey pedicures that we got before, sat in our massaging chairs and sipped on our Jamba Juice. I was debating on whether or not I was going to spring for a manicure since they never seem to last more than a few days, but when Rachel was getting her gel mani, I knew I wasn't going to pass it up. Instead of getting a bright color like I chose for my toes, I went for a neutral hue so the growing out process is less noticeable. I've been painting my nails a similar shade for months now (I've been using Sephora by O.P.I.'s Don't Feed the Hand Models) so I'm ridiculously pleased with the results. Not to mention the instantly dry effect, which means I didn't dent, smudge or destroy my manicure while I was impatiently waiting for it to dry. It was just hard as a rock DRY. Plus, it makes my nails feel stronger, which is a huge plus. I won't be looking forward to the day they have to come off, but in the meantime I'll be alright.

We left the salon feeling prettier than when we entered and headed over to Half Moon Bay for a lunch at It's Italia. We shared a half bottle of Prosecco, a caprese salad, and a delicious gourmet pizza, which may or may not be named The Tunnel. Since you can't really go to HMB without going to the beach, we trekked down and put our manicured toes in the sand. It was awfully windy, so we didn't stay long, but I emerged chip-free and decided my feet had received just a little more exfoliation! On our way out, we stopped at the Half Moon Bay Nursery where we intensely perused the succulents and killed some time admiring all the pretty plants. She left with three small succulents that she probably didn't need, but one of them was so unique (it looked like an underwater plant) there was no way she could've passed it up. ANNNNNND, I was able to verify that my mystery plant was in fact a white Gloxinia, which I had determined only days earlier from an Internet search.

Anyway, once we were back at her place we indulged a little further and had a couple of cocktails, which were absolutely delicious. Raye is quite the mixologist! We sat and sipped and visited some more before heading out to a sushi dinner with her boyfriend at Barracuda Sushi, the restaurant where we had gone to dinner last month. This time I ordered the Nagiri Combo and definitely ate far too much. There was a little bit leftover on my plate, so I stuck my leftovers in with Rachel's and sent it home with the two lovebirds. Once back at their place, plans to watch a movie fell through because we were all a bit tired. I stuck around for a few minutes and then decided I needed to make my way back home. Even though we had enjoyed a rather relaxing day, we were out for hours and we were both thoroughly exhausted by the end of the evening. I truly couldn't have asked for a better day. I only wish we could consistently spend more time together, but our schedules don't quite match up very often, which is a shame because she's one of my bestest friends. I'm just grateful for any amount of time I get to share with her because we always have such an amazing time. Until the next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment